Been a little while yes i know. But the blog is at last back. I hope everyone had a good festive period and that you're all doing well with your new resolutions.
I have achieved mine so far. I thought id set achievable ones for once this year,
Firstly was a boring one. I thought it was time to stop being done by daylight robbery from who used to hold my previous website. I was paying far to much and a change had to be made, After seeing that 1 and 1 website that is everywhere on tv recently i decided to transfer the website there but the only problem was that the old provider would not free my domain url. So had to launch a whole new website.
The feedback so far has been very positive about the professionalism of the new page which is always great to hear.
Secondly is a more challenging resoloution.
Since i moved in with my partner back in October i have always said that i would like to teach her all i know. And 2012. I will achieve this goal
It has started well. So far have taught her how to make basic dishes such as Beef Chilli, Last night i taught her a dish which she loved, here is the recipe for Teriyaki Salmon with Lime, Ginger and Coriander noodles
2 Salmon Fillets
Squeeze of Honey
50ml Soy Sauce
1 limes(juice and zest)
1 Red Chilli(finely chopped)
1 Garlic Clove (finely chopped)
1 Ginger(Finely Grated)
2 Sheets of Egg Noodles
1 Bunch of Coriander(finely chopped)
1/2 a Red onion
1. Lay your salmon in a dish and mix together the soy sauce, half the butter, the garlic and half the ginger and honey and cover the salmon for at least half hour in the fridge
2. Get some Salted water on the boil for the noodles.
3. Add the noodles and simmer for 5 minutes until soft then put under running cold water to cool down
4. Add the rest of the butter to a pan and sweat off the red onion, chilli and ginger together
5. Heat a frying pan and add a little oil. Pan fry the salmon. Skin side down first to crisp the skin
6. Cook for a 2-3 minutes on each side and then finish off in the oven for 5 minutes
7. For the noodles. Put your chilled noodles in the pan with the onion mix and add the lime juice and coriander warm through and then serve with the Salmon placed on top with a squeeze of lime drizzled over the top
Trust me try this dish you will love it. As you can see from previous recipes i have put on here i do love the thai influence. This dish is perfect though for a light dinner. Especially if you are one of the millions who have their new years resolution to watch what they eat. This meal proves you can eat healthy whilst having a lovely dinner
To all you who have made resolutions of your own Good luck with them